Where I Am At

“It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times”, wrote Charles Dickens.

That’s exactly how it has felt for the last couple of years.

On one hand, my wife’s father, and both my parents – all passed away in a span of 3 years, leaving our kids with no grandparents, and leaving us utterly devastated.

And on the other hand, my career has gone from good to Great to UNBELIEVABLE! (including the ALL CAPS & “exclamation point”). My wife and I both have been able to quit high-paying jobs, become full-time entrepreneurs, move to beautiful and pleasantly sunny San Diego, California. We work full time from home, we’re always there when the kids come home from school, we eat lunch together as a family every single day, we basically do whatever the heck we want, whenever we want – all while we grew our business by 1,000% (yup, one thousand percent) in less than 1.5 years.

So yes, it has been the best of times, and it has been the worst of times. A very big roller coaster ride.

And as the year comes to an end, I have been reflecting on where to go from here.

From a career perspective, I do have a best-selling book under my belt, a successful online business together with my wife, and am part of a wonderful community of customers, associates, partners, peers, and fans (yup, I apparently have some fans too!)

I am looking to take my personal brand to a new level this forthcoming year: I plan on doing more blogging, more speaking, more consulting and more coaching. And it was during this time that I happened upon a course called “Experts Academy” being promoted by a person named Brendon Burchard.

I was first introduced to Brendon’s products earlier this year when all of the big marketers in the industry were promoting his product. I received an email from at least 20 different people pitching his product “in my face”.

To be honest, I was a little turned off at that point. Plus I was in a different place in my life at that point, and did not give it further thought.

Over the months to follow, after the hype had died down and the launch had ended, I somehow kept running into Brendon’s videos, audio and other content from time to time, and the more I watched and absorbed his material, the more his brand grew on me. And I found the stuff he was teaching to be something not too many people taught (or taught like he did), very powerful and eye-opening – even for me, someone who has “been there, done that” in the online marketing world.

So this time around, when I found out that he’s re-opening the doors, the timing couldn’t have been more perfect.

I’m in a place right now where I am looking to actively and aggressively go into the “Expert” space, and launch more products in the coaching, consulting and seminar space.

This is exactly what the doctor ordered for me. And I have already decided to buy the course. Most people would consider it “expensive”, but for me, it’s going to be pretty “cheap”, because this is exactly what I’ve been wanting to learn, courses like this from someone who has proven themselves are rare to come by, genuinely good people like Brendon are even rarer, and the value I’m going to be getting from this is going to be so immense, that it is going to be the best gift I’ve bought myself in a long time.

Going by his free videos, his reputation, and his results, I predict this is going to be the product of the year. And if you could purchase just one thing over the next entire year, then let it be this one.

Even if you don’t buy the course, it would be crazy not to at least check out the bucket-loads of amazing free coaching that he’s giving away as part of this product launch. And as you watch each video, be sure to study the whole launch strategy – especially the “12 positioning tools” video that teaches how to market yourself as a a high-value, highly-paid expert starting starting today.

I have never, ever watched any “how-to” video for longer than 10-15 minutes at a time – ever. But I watched the first video which is like 45+ minutes long, in one sitting, completely mesmerized, furiously taking notes, while my brain was going so nuclear with all of the possibilities, that it could’ve probably powered my entire San Diego neighborhood!

Oh, and use this free FireFox plugin (one of my favorites) to download the launch videos, as even the free information is just too good to be skipped and forgotten. You will be watching them many times over, so make sure you save them to your computer for offline viewing.

- Ravi Jayagopal

P.S: So Where You At? What have you planned for 2011?
Do comment below.

PPS: Some of the links in this blog may result in an affiliate earning for this web site. We do not recommend products for the sake of earning a commission. Rather it’s the other way around. When we want to recommend something, we check if they have an affiliate program. If not, we recommend it anyway.

Get My New Book For FREE!

Comments

1. says

Hi Ravi

Greetings from downunder. I saw this a couple of days ago and gave it the flick – but if you say it is good, then I will take the time to watch/listen.

Noel

2. says

Hi Ravi,

Sorry to hear that the grandparents of your kids passed away. I also lost my parents within 3 years, so I can relate.

I can also relate about the videos of Brendon, he is very good. I already bought some other e-study courses this year, so can’t go for this one.

Where I am at nowadays? I have started my internet entrepeneurs journey, by organizing a webinar, and hopefully have my own studycourse in the beginning of 2011.

cheers!

Remco

3. says

So sorry to hear about your parents/father-in-law, but great to hear about your and Veena’s success! I’m looking forward to doing the full-blown DAP thang on LegalOfficeGuru.com in 2011, since I’ve heard so many raves on Third Tribe about both the product and the customer service. Can’t wait!

4. says

You know, I’ve thought about investigating his stuff further; but I’m not at a point where I can spend $2K on ANYTHING right now (btw, how close am I to guessing the price?). I’m experiencing a sort of minor breakthrough and step up in my “online” life. Nothing as astronomical as yours, but I am happy with my progress, nonetheless. Remember Mike So-n-so with his Main Street Marketing launch? Well, before his launch in March, 2010, I toyed with the idea of selling the idea of being found online to small business owners. I couldn’t buy into his system, but I was tempted to borrow for it. I did, though, meet some people who did purchase his system and shared what he had with me…major disappointment! I had only been “thinking about” trying to “make money online” for about 4 months before his launch and I already knew more than he was teaching people for a $1999 price tag. Anyway, since then I have found out that most small businesses already spend mucho dinero with AT&T and other directory companies. I’m a videographer by trade and the company I work for sends me to shoot small business videos for these businesses’ online “listing” with directories. One major breakthrough for me has been finding out that small businesses are NOT searching for “local online advertising” like they SHOULD be. Anyway, over the course of the last few months and through my travels shooting videos for small businesses, I’ve been able to acquire a few clients. Nothing worth too much, but I’ve gone from $0 to about $1500 a month with my online efforts. I’d like to automate things, but I’m not sure small business owners are really looking for solutions or alternatives to AT&T and yp.com. Hmm…so I’m not an expert yet; but I sure feel like it when I do have the attention of a small business owner!

5. Hashim Warren says

I agree. Brendon’s free stuff proves he knows what he’s talking about. Also the training is not expensive if you consider how much coaching or a college course on the same material would cost.

It’s not right for me now, but I plan to squeeze as much value out of the free videos as possible.

6. preetham says

Amigo, I like the way you write and having been a witness to the kind of work that you have been doing over the last couple of years, and also having been witness to all stuff that you had to go through, with trips to India and all, I could not have been happier for all the four of you that this big shift to the West Coast has been great. Wishing you even more success and fun.

7. Shomlu Banerjee says

Its very sad to hear about your parents & in-laws,on the other hand I will keep this at the back of my mind,when ever I am free at home I ‘ll look in to the matter.

warm rgds

8. says

Ravi,
    I am very happy for you and your family with all the success that DAP is achieving and how that is allowing you & Veena to enjoy life more. It is always sad with parents pass away, but life must go on. I passed through that experience years ago. Thanks also for the Expert Academy reference.

It has been a real challenge for me to sort out what I really wanted to focus on after spending so many years as a senior software developer for other companies. It is all coming together. One priority is to work with local businesses to help them enhance their profits through an online presence. I am currently working with a local apartment complex to build their first website and it is gratifying to see how excited they are about how it is coming together with WordPress.

On another front I fully expect to be ready for DAP in 2011, so stay tuned.

All the best for you & your family in the coming years!
    — Thanks, Roger

9. srikar says

10. says

It’s great to hear a success story from people who really deserve it. I hope you and your family have an even better year next year Ravi. I’ve also been following Brandon’s Expert Academy videos and would realy like to join but it sounds like it will be way out of my price range, that’s really disappointing. I also wanted to join Teaching Sells but that’s another $1500. I guess I will just have to plug away by myself with what I already know in the absence of a good course that isn’t expensive.

Anyway, I am happy to have found a project I will probably work on for a very long time now and hopefully I can achieve even a small level of success to enable me to live comfortably, maybe do some traveling and just keep enjoying my work and growing as a person.

11. monday akpan says

like am praying to GOD to show me the way to make me achiave my dreams and i don’t want to remain were i am this year.so i pray to move a step forward, the same prayer to you to go forward